[BC] LED beacons

Jeff Johnson jjohnson
Sun May 15 18:07:50 CDT 2005

>     What's the word on LED tower illumination? How do they deal with
> lightning? RFI? Lifetime? What do you like/dislike about them? We're
> putting up a new 420 foot stick. The home office has nixed the idea of
> strobes but is interested in other options.
>
>Al, Retired, mostly

They are bright. They use 1/10 of the power. Long term maintenance is a
problem due to support. Dialight is 'iffy' about support for our beacons
that are only two years old. I have mentioned the article on the subject by
our CE Jay Crawford in the Feb., 2005, issue of RG.

Jeff.Johnson at goodnews.net
WVXU/Cincinnati/X-Star Radio Network