[BC] Conductivity vs Skywave

Richard Fry rfry
Sun May 15 08:17:08 CDT 2005

Peter Haas (edited clip):
> WLS wisely (perhaps over a half-century ago) sited its Tx in an area of
> relatively higher conductivity...The other Chicago Class I-As sited
> themselves ...in an area of relatively lower ground conductivity.
> Now, WLS..always had excellent secondary service to the West Coast,
> whereas the other Chicago Class I-As...had poor secondary service
> to the West Coast, IMO.

If this effect is not limited to the Chicago As, one would expect those at
sites with poor conductivity such as KDKA, WSB, WSM, WRVA and the NY/NJ/New
England Class As to have poor secondary service compared to Class As at
sites with good conductivity such as WHO, WBAP, KMOX etc.  This doesn't seem
to be demonstrated by experience, though (IMO).

RF