[BC] voices

CBoone CBoone
Sat May 14 10:53:34 CDT 2005

At KLVI in the 70s we had a CCA 5KW xmtr that never liked asym mod (just to
do 100% mod meant pushing the 4-1000 mod tubes past their max plate
dissapation!) but the audio chain with a LA4, a 7 band EQ and then a BL40,
sounded great!!....until a certain song came along: "Loving You" by Minnie
Ripperton....her real high notes kept tripping the final plate breaker!! Was
I glad when that song went out of rotation :)