[BC] WJR Aerial View (pun intended)

Paul Christensen attorney
Fri May 13 12:44:21 CDT 2005

> WJR's field strength at a radius of ~ 1/3 of a mile is something like 5
> V/m. I wonder how all these new neighbors are coping with that??

Probably not too well.  Sec. 73.88 calls for blanketing protection out to 1
V/m.  But the operative term in the rule is "reasonable complaints."

What you describe pretty much mirrors the events of WLW and VOA/Bethany
about ten years ago.  On my last visit to the Cincinnati area a few years
back, I couldn't believe how much real estate had developed in Mason, Ohio
within a very short period of time.  Like WJR, the area immediately to the
west of WLW (in the area once occupied by the VOA curtain and rhombics)
looks like the neighborhood shown adjacent to WJR.  BTW, great photo, Rich.

Paul

Paul Christensen, CPBE
LAW OFFICE OF PAUL B. CHRISTENSEN, P.A.
3749 Southern Hills,  Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Office: (904) 379-7802   Facsimile: (904) 212-0050
pchristensen at ieee.org