[BC] WJR Aerial View (pun intended)

Richard Fry rfry
Fri May 13 11:16:56 CDT 2005

Here is a view of WJR's antenna site (my alma mater 40+ years ago).  When I
was there this was totally open country,  just a few farms around.

The art-deco tx building shows up by the semi-circular drive at the NE
corner of the plot.  Zooming in, you may see the two short towers supporting
the "T" emergency antenna.  There is also a shorted 1/4-wave stub for
1520kHz rejection, made of 1-5/8" rigid line running on supports above
ground off from the 700' tower (probably not visible here).  There is (or
was, at least) a spray pond behind the tx building that was the heat
exchanger for the old WE 407A -- which was the standby in those days (a CE
317 was the main).

WJR's field strength at a radius of ~ 1/3 of a mile is something like 5 V/m.
I wonder how all these new neighbors are coping with that??

  http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=4&S=11&Z=17&X=792&Y=11676&W=1

RF