[BC] SBE

Mike McCarthy mre
Thu May 12 18:11:53 CDT 2005

The FCC's wisdom was to bring Part 74 into the standard processing
scheme so that our little micro-cosim of licensing could be
accomplished within the WTB's streamlined automated system. And
unfortunately, the FCC felt the STL band was sufficently busy enough to
warrant Part 101 full blown PCN coordination.

The criteria for notification as I recall is all licensees withn 150
miles in all directions and a key hole arc +/- 5 deg. either side of
the path azimuth out to 250 miles.  This is regardless of the other
station's path azimuth, power height, or any other technical parameter.

I concur that requirement is excessive and we (SBE) tried to get the
FCC to reduce the requirements.  But they said no.  Seems the
commerical coordinators had their fix in...

And here we are today.

MM

> The FCC did blow it badly on that call.
>
> I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting deluged with
PCN's for