[BC] Lightning and grounding ... fun for all!

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu May 12 07:03:09 CDT 2005

In a message dated 05/11/2005 09:15:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdoerle at mail.ucf.edu writes:

> One of the things that came up in June of 2003 was an interesting demo clip
> from Hitachi.  I was wondering from this group what they thought of this
> demonstration:
>
>  http://bellsouthpwp.net/B/r/BroadCastDesign/lightning/Hitachi_prevention_
> video_clip.wmv.
>
>  Any comments?

That's *exactly* what I was talking about, RE: my post about the Van De Graaf
generator. I have done this exact same experiment, myself, with exactly the
same results. Repeatedly. This video clip is perfect... you can very clearly
see the corona discharge and even hear the hiss, as the "porcupine" is brought
close to the sphere... and the arcs stop!

A picture is worth 1,000 words, but a video can be worth an essay! ;)

Willie...