[BC] Jim Cramer: "Radio is Dead"

Fred Gleason fredg
Mon May 9 20:59:41 CDT 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 21:55, Tom Taggart wrote:

> Satellite is probably not viable long-term as separately owned companies.
> Watch for Mel to merge Sirus with a newly independent Infinity if Viacom
> does a spin-off as rumored.
> Leaving XM to merge with another broadcast company.  Probably not GE/NBC,
> though.  No profit.

And watch the FTC shoot it down, too.  I just don't see the Feds letting one
entity own satellite and terrestrial.  We've already seen the brakes get
applied at CC.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
| Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but |
| when there is no longer anything to take away.                          |
|                                    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery          |