[BC] LPFM on Xlators

Rich Wood richwood
Mon May 9 15:55:34 CDT 2005

------ At 02:54 PM 5/9/2005, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote: -------

>What would you rather have on the air, a format that appeals to the "soccer
>moms" and "little old ladies" or one that appeals to (and reinforces the
>behavior of) gangs & thugs?

Since I've seen the "do-gooders" concept of entertainment you're asking me
to make a very difficult decision: Touched by an Angel or Boyz in the Hood.
I'm afraid the Boyz are winning.

>Those religious nutjobs who literally preach "hate" would *not* appeal to the
>"do-gooders", as you called them, they would appeal to useless thugs like the
>KKK, etc.

I'm not so sure. The religious nutjobs (Dobson, Robertson, Falwell,
Swaggart, Hin, et al) seem to raise an awful lot of money and the KKK
claims to be doing the work of the Lord. Not being a theologian I can't
dispute their claims that they have regular chats with Him and He tells
them what to do. I know it's not a conference call because they all preach
something different.

Rich