[BC] outboard ballasts

Dave Hultsman reader
Tue May 3 12:53:09 CDT 2005

In a message dated 5/3/05 12:01:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
In a different direction.... fluorescent in RADIO

 > studios. What worked for me was to remote mount
 > the ballasts (did I spell that right?) in an
 > electrical box OUTSIDE of the studio so the hum
 > and virbrations where in the hall.
 >
 > Bob

When I reworked a radio station in the early '60's we installed the
ballasts' in the hallway and we also installed the radio interference
filters on them.  It was difficult to listen to our AM station with all the
fluorescent light noise.  The filters sure cleaned up the radio reception.

After that I always spec'd Radio Interference filters in the fixtures in
offices also.

Dave