[BC] The end of the Big 610...

Rich Wood richwood
Mon May 2 11:50:16 CDT 2005

------ At 01:52 AM 5/2/2005, Alan Kline wrote: -------

>that they've acquired.  And, as my friend pointed out, keeping the call
>actually is a good fit for them--"F-amily R-adio of C-alifornia"...

If they were ratings driven that would be a mistake. One doesn't instantly
discard all the baggage and history that goes with the KFRC calls. It's the
same as Air America keeping WLIB. Even though they're perfect for the new
format, their heritage says Black radio. It'll take many years to change
that. Top of Mind Awareness will link the call with its heritage, not its
new programming. I'd bet Air America would have better representation in
Arbitron if it had new calls that were associated only with their product.
Of course, I doubt Percy Sutton would agree to a change.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084