[BC] The end of the Big 610...

Alan Kline akline
Mon May 2 00:52:48 CDT 2005

Indeed...and more important things in life than TV, for those of us on
that side of it.

I'm listening to the aircheck a little more carefully than I could this
afternoon, as I was getting ready for work then.

The transition was handled in a pretty classy manner on both sides.  A
song cut off in the middle for a final ID as a music station, with a brief
explanation and thank you, and a last tribute to Dr. Don Rose.  At
midnight, the Family Radio people picked up with several comments about
what a privilege they consider it to be on "The Big 610, KFRC".  It sounds
like a few people at Family, at least, are fully cognizant of the history
that they've acquired.  And, as my friend pointed out, keeping the call
actually is a good fit for them--"F-amily R-adio of C-alifornia"...

And as difficult as it was to listen to the change, it was a little easier
knowing that there's not likely to be much change in employment, since the
AM, IIRC, was pretty much a simulcast of the FM, and the people on the
engineering side are probably the same group taking care of the rest of
the Infinity cluster.  I'm sure that there's someone who can either
confirm that or tell me I'm full of it... ;-)

ak