[BC] Cheep automation software

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sun May 1 20:56:27 CDT 2005

In a message dated 05/01/2005 8:33:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hykker at grolen.com writes:

> I don't bother with mp3's much and have only used Winamp to play
>  individual files, but is there a way to externally create a log with
>  Winamp or do you have to manually insert each event?

Like I said, I wouldn't use it for a real station. (That includes LPFM, of
course.) You can't time-control it to play top-of-hour ID's, etc. WHile it is
*possible* someone may have envented a "plug-in" (or companion) software to
allow creating playlists outside WinAmp proper, it's just not designed for a
broadcast environment. It can be set to segue between tracks, randomize, etc, but
that's about it.

I use it to play individual MP3 files at work, but I am controlling them,
one-at-a-time, segue'ing manually with the CD players.

Willie...