[BC] IBOC in trouble?

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Sun Jul 31 23:31:13 CDT 2005

Yep...

Especially where telecom and Internet are concerned. The s**t storm hasn't
happend yet, but when it does - watch.

Internet rates will more then double, while they're going lower in the rest of
the world. Sa,e with Telecom...and VOIP? - it's dead already, it just dooesn't
know it yet.

The United States slipped from 16th to 19th last quarter in number of
broadband connections per 100,000 persons.  Canada is in the top five.

Japan just launched 10 and 100 Base T symmetrical Internet for 39.95 and 59.95
a month.

Here we pay an average of $40.00 a month for 3-4 Meg downloads and 512K
uploads.

Like I said, expect this to double thanks to Powell and his ilk.....

-D
There is also the fact that the responsible Commissioners are not well
known and most who approved this mess will be on to bigger and better
things before the problems of deployment become evident to the general
public and the hunt for the guilty gains full speed. Chmn. Powell HAS
departed, for other reasons, I'm sure, but it is obvious he will be a
dim memory when the problems of his watch are fully revealed.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037