[BC] IBOC in trouble?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Sun Jul 31 22:53:19 CDT 2005

On 28 Jul 2005 at 17:27, Barry McLarnon wrote:

> They dug themselves into this hole because they failed to do
> due diligence on the technology, and instead accepted the assurances of
> the industry group that was promoting it.  Now they have no choice but to
> let it move ahead, and hope that the industry can somehow sort it out
> amongst themselves.  And they will sort it out, after a fashion... but let
> the public interest and the small broadcasters be damned.
>
> It's a sad state of affairs, but that's the way of the world these days...

There is also the fact that the responsible Commissioners are not well
known and most who approved this mess will be on to bigger and better
things before the problems of deployment become evident to the general
public and the hunt for the guilty gains full speed. Chmn. Powell HAS
departed, for other reasons, I'm sure, but it is obvious he will be a
dim memory when the problems of his watch are fully revealed.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037