[BC] Do We Still Like Our Jobs?

Ballard F. Fore, Jr. balfore
Sat Jul 30 09:15:06 CDT 2005

Some are almost impossible to repair in the field now due to SMT boards.

A lot of GM's just don't understand that until you request an extra $25,000
in your budget for test equipment.

Also small market stations are quick at buying consumer grade electronics
(CD players, Cassette decks) and want you to repair them after over 18
months use.

Ballard Fore

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Donna Halper
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:50 AM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Do We Still Like Our Jobs?

Mike wrote:

>I love radio and what I do. Radio just doesn't
>seem to be as much fun as it used to be.

Several people told me that.  Any theories about why it's not as much
fun?  I know in some cases, owners have changed or there is more pressure
on an engineer or he/she is expected to maintain a cluster of stations...
but I'd think it would be somewhat easier to do the work these days--
aren't some pieces of equipment easier to fix than they used to be years
ago?