[BC] Re: Digital Receivers

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Thu Jul 28 16:41:13 CDT 2005

In a message dated 7/28/2005 3:16:35 PM Central Standard Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

I  think there would be a cost issue with a receiver which had
an added USB  port or an added "thumbdrive" connector.
A dollar here and a dollar there  and pretty soon the cost of
the receiver would go from pretty high to  astronomically high.
And a receiver software upgrade may never see light of  day
unless it is done without the user having to do a thing.
-  JimT

I agree Jim.......For you that haven't seen it, Dave Herschbergers paper on
Software Based Digital Broadcsat System could apply to DRM, IBOC, XM,  Sirus.
Its all about the DSP's and software.

The paper can be down loaded as a pdf from    _www.contelec.com_
(http://www.contelec.com)

click on SUPPORT

click on PAPERS/MANUALS

under Papers,  click on SOFTWARE BASED DIGITAL BROADCAST SYSTEM  8-1-1999

Dave Hultsman