[BC] Re: IBOC in Trouble?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Jul 28 09:16:05 CDT 2005

On 27 Jul 2005 at 20:38, Bill Harms wrote:

> Clay:
>
> 	I understand about FM and the problems presented by IBOC.  Those
> problems seem to be resolvable.  However, as you state AM is a
> different matter. I can accept HD radio on FM with some adjustments,
> but I suggest that HD radio advocates need to take a second look at
> AM.  iBuiquity and others who want HD radio can be satisified with
> one loaf for now (FM), but they need to go back to the drawing board
> on the other loaf (AM).
>
> Bill Harms

Bill,

If both loaves don't come out of the oven at the same time, it will
kill AM and the resulting litigation would kill the FCC, Ibiquity
and FM. That won't happen because the Commissioners do understand
political survival even though they don't understand broadcasting.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037