[BC] Convention Costs

khcs@juno.com khcs
Tue Jul 26 11:48:25 CDT 2005

Rich remarked:

I think I'd quit the business before I'd exhibit at McCormick ever
again. It was a nightmare. The exhibitor next to me had a prebuilt
display with recessed lighting. Someone made the unforgivable mistake
of plugging the display into the outlet they'd paid for. That's a
union job. They objected to the charge. In retaliation, the union
required them to remove the lights so a union electrician could
reinstall them - for a price.

Yes, I had read that it takes 3 electricians and a supervisor to plug in a lamp at McCormick.  So, they just priced themselves out of a lot of money.  Duh!

I guess that answers the question of "how many union electricians does it take to change a lightbulb."  LOL

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA