[BC] RE: SBE and the Extra

Scherer, Chriss CSCHERER
Tue Jul 26 11:00:31 CDT 2005

>From: Cowboy <curt at spam-o-matic.net>
>So, just to be sure I'm clear....

>By holding the highest class amateur ticket, one can be grandfathered
>into the lowest class of SBE certification.
>Yes ?

It's not grandfathering. It shows a baseline of knowledge. The FCC exam serves as a substitute for the SBE exam.

>Also, you forced me to find, and dig out my general.
>( it's a license, so pre-dates the permit, and they may be different )
>There's no service record on the back, nor any place for it. ??

This wording has been in place for some time on the SBE materials, so it may apply to a certain period of licenses issued. If there's nothing there on yours you're probably in the clear.

Chriss