[BC] Prop. values (was Re: No-code Amateur license

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Tue Jul 26 08:48:27 CDT 2005

In 1972, I bought five acres on a high ridge.  Since then, several new 500+
ft. towers have gone up in the area.  New homes are now being built on land,
next to mine, that is selling for 15X what it sold for 20 years ago.  If
towers were such a factor, I don't think land would be selling so quickly
here.  If towers are depressing real estate values, it scares the hell out
of me to think what my taxes would be without them.

If I ever sell, I should include a covenant that allows towers & antennas in
perpetuity.

Gary, K?CX

Buy land - they've stopped making it. (the Netherlands being one exception)

" I'm not sure there is really any hard proof that antennas depress property
values.  I think that's one of those things that gets repeated so much it is
believed, like power lines cause cancer.

rob atkinson "