[BC] No-code Amateur license

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Tue Jul 26 08:15:36 CDT 2005

Rob,

There's an interesting feature about our diploma-style amateur extra class
certificates.  First, it states that it is an operator's license.  Second,
it has no expiration date.  If our regular licenses (operator + station)
expired and went past the two year grace period, would it be possible to
argue that we still had a lifetime operator's license and would not have to
retest?  IIRC, the extra class certificates went away when the FCC stopped
giving extra class exams.

Gary, K?CX

" I even got one of those 1st class phone
look-a-like certificates that FCC used to issue for Extra.

Rob Atkinson
k5uj "