[BC] No-code Amateur license

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Mon Jul 25 16:53:48 CDT 2005

what kind of or how much credit does SBE give for extra?  what's the credit
for?
I got mine back when i was a poor high school kid with no money for gear.  I
figured I could at least study and pay 8 bucks to take the tests and improve
my license if not my station.  I even got one of those 1st class phone
look-a-like certificates that FCC used to issue for Extra.

Rob Atkinson
k5uj

From: Neal Newman <groucho at skyweb.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] No-code Amateur license
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:30:57 -0400

>As I alluded to earlier, my extra was and is, strictly a vanity thing.
>

>Ill agree with That..

This is why I have the Advanced Class   why Bother for the Extra.. for what
the Bottom 25kc of each band. Big Deal
I have plenty of Freq.'s to operate CW and Voice with the Advanced..
However I feel they should not loose the CW Requirement. I heard  you only
need 5 WPM for the extra Now?
PLEASE  that makes Me sick.  Amateur Radio will If Not already like CB..
You Do know what that means Don't You?
The SBE gives credit For Having an Amateur Extra License.
that will Be useless... soon Everyone will have an EXTRA Class   and Know
ZILCH. Technically.
OK  so How about the SBE giving credit for holding an Advanced Class
License..
They no longer have Advanced Class, and those like me that have it really
Earned it   Because its Grand fathered.

so SBE  give credit where its do..  to Grand fathered Advanced Class holders
and Not just Extras
Neal-ka2caf