[BC] Re: Illegal doesn mean anything anymore!!!!

SteveOrdinetz hykker
Mon Jul 25 06:12:19 CDT 2005

Rich Wood wrote:

>I don't see it as being much different. One pulls out of a side street
>only when you can clearly read the renewal date on the license plate of
>the oncoming car. Tailgating is a sport here. Driving home today from a
>party the woman behind me could read my speedometer. The limit was 50mph.
>My theory is that, if she's going to hit me it's going to be at 25mph. I
>slowed down until she got the point. Then there's the little old lady so
>afraid of driving that she drives 25mph on a 2 lane highway where the
>limit is 50. No passing allowed, of course.

What seems to be the unwritten law here in N.H. is to pull out of a side
street right in front of you, and then plod along 25 mph below the
limit.  Always in a no passing zone of course.

I've used your method of "giving a hint" to tailgaters many times.  It's
kind of fun to watch the steam coming out of their ears.