[BC] DSL ISPs and Servers

DANA PUOPOLO <dpuopolo@usa.net> reader
Sun Jul 24 23:55:56 CDT 2005

Speakeasy.net allows (and encourages) you to run servers with their DSL.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: WFIFeng at aol.com

In a message dated 07/24/2005 10:59:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

 > Every ISP I've dealt with has had a clause in the contract forbidding
 >  the running of servers on a DSL or cable line. Has this changed?

That's been my experience as well. They want you to buy their *Business
Class* service at twice the price (same bandwidth, of course) if you want to
run a
server. If you're fortunate to have Optimum Online, they gave you a full 1Mb
upload, and up to 10 down.