[BC] No-code Amateur license

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Jul 24 16:35:58 CDT 2005

------ At 03:20 PM 7/24/2005, Cowboy wrote: -------

>  I do still believe that requiring 20wpm for the extra class would
> be a good thing,
>  even if none at all was required for all other classes.
>  After all, the extra class is basicly a vanity class to begin with !
>  As such, why cheapen it to the point where absolutely anyone can
> simply fill out
>  a form, and be the highest class in the world ?

What form is that? I already have a license that originally had a
code speed higher than the current Extra. I was told I could get my
Extra by taking the theory exam. If all I have to do is fill out a
form I are an Extra (once I fill out the form). I rarely use obscene
language so upgrading so I could join the jerks on 75 meters never
seemed very appealing. I think I'm pretty high class, already. :-)

Rich