[BC] Amateur Radio Study Guides...

Burt I. Weiner biwa
Sun Jul 24 11:55:30 CDT 2005

I belive that method of study has been around a lot longer than FOIA.  The
study guide for the commercial radio licenses back in the 50's and 60's was
that way also.  The First Phone and Telegraph both required a documented
apprenticeship.

Personally, I'd rather go for quality rather than strictly quantity.  Both
have their good points.

Burt, K6OQK

At 11:24 AM 7/24/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>From: RokprtMike at aol.com
>Subject: Re: [BC] No-code Amateur license
>To: broadcast at radiolists.net
>
>In a message dated 7/24/2005 1:01:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
> >>IF the FCC would quit publishing the answers in the study guides, it
>would help....(remember the Second Class test guides?) but giving them
>everything needed to pass the test does NOTHING...<<
>The release of the questions was due to the Freedom of Information Act. That
>doesn't bother me as much as the answers to all of the FAA Exams are
>available
>too.
>
>Mike Hemeon - K1MH

Burt I. Weiner Associates