[BC] DSL options

Dave" <mrfixit@min.midco.net reader
Sun Jul 24 10:36:21 CDT 2005

 > Every ISP I've dealt with has had a clause in the contract forbidding
 > the running of servers on a DSL or cable line. Has this changed?
 >
 > Rich

     No, I don't think so. What I read in my contract before I signed up was
that if you wanted to do that, you need to sign on as a commercial account,
and they then provide the uplink bandwidth required for this enterprise.
Otherwise, it would be merely an exercise in frustration to put servers on a
"home" DSL with only about 384k available for uplink. Price is about double
the home rate as I recall.

Dave Dunsmoor