[BC] Skywave reception, big potential, under-utlized , was Re: Daylight Savings Time changes?

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Jul 24 09:29:25 CDT 2005

------ At 12:10 AM 7/24/2005, PeterH5322 at aol.com wrote: -------

> >IBOC stations have admitted anything beyond their protected
> >contour isn't important. Let's take them at their word and reduce
> >their interfering signal.
>
>Sounds right.
>
>WOR should immediately apply for 9.999 kW DA-1, and reduction in class to
>Class B.
>
>Let WLW and WGN keep their 50 kW ND-U signals.

Why single out WOR? Tom has at least been honest about protected
contours. I'm assuming anyone who lights up IBOC feels exactly the
same way and should reduce power accordingly. That includes WGN and
WLW when their hash generators are engaged. After all, they'll
clobber WOR and dramatically reduce its coverage. If you want to
retain your power level, another option is to erect a Faraday screen
around the victimized metro. If the Chinese could build a monumental
wall without modern tools it should be a piece of cake for us lazy
folks in the 21st century. With holes to allow planes to land it
might not be perfect, but it's a start.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia