[BC] No-code Amateur license

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Sat Jul 23 22:25:12 CDT 2005

i'm under the perhaps false impression that there is a pool of hundreds and
hundreds of questions, maybe 500 to 1000, that they can randomly pull from
to make the tests, so to pass by memorization, you'd have to memorize all
of them which would be harder than simply learning about radio.

rob atkinson

From: Jack Baty <jack_baty at yahoo.com>
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] No-code Amateur license
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:50:59 -0700 (PDT)

 >>IF the FCC would quit publishing the answers in the study guides, it
would help....(remember the Second Class test guides?) but giving them
everything needed to pass the test does NOTHING...<<

Not having had experience in this area, I have nothing to say on code and
licensing.  However, in between radio jobs I once acquired an Arizona
Property and Casualty Insurance license by the rote-memorization crash-study
method.  My recollection is that my overall ignorance was less of a problem
than the employer-mandated quota for high-profit types of coverage.

At least the new licensees aren't authorized by the feds to *sell*
anything....

Just a thought.

Jack

http://www.radiolists.net/