[BC] Re: Illegal doesn mean anything anymore!!!!

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Jul 23 19:37:55 CDT 2005

------ At 01:05 PM 7/23/2005, Jerry Mathis wrote: -------

>Jay Leno had an interesting (and correct) comment last night. He
>said that the video game "Grand Theft Auto was being pulled off many
>stores' shelves because it has HIDDEN sex scenes in it. They are
>pulling it because it has SEX, and NOT because it (blatantly) shows
>stealing, drug dealing, murder, and cop-killing? Where are our priorities?

I recall making that point several days ago after seeing a Dateline
(or some such show) interviewing a bunch of preachers and people on
the street. I was amazed that they weren't concerned about the
violence. The were horrified at the sex. I don't think the kids had
the option of killing those involved in sex. They could decimate cops
and innocent bystanders in the violent parts. I recall mentioning
some time ago that a station could air the dismemberment of a naked
woman but couldn't air that same woman making love without going
through the same hassle as the Superbowl wardrobe malfunction. . I
don't get it.

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084