[BC] Collins 830E-1A Available...

Keith Hammond monsterfm
Fri Jul 22 12:22:28 CDT 2005

  I really don't want to do this but, after two and a half years of
trying to find a "work-around", the local power company is still trying
to charge me $15k to run three-phase to our site. This makes it
necessary for me to offer our Collins 830E-1A up for sale as it's just
sitting there and serving no purpose!

  The box lacks the (full transmitter size) driver stage but, a solid
state amplifier will serve that purpose most adequately.

  I hate to see it just sit but, as stated above, it's not serving any
purpose here other than as a rather expensive "paperweight". Got a good
tube to include and I can e-mail some pictures that were taken just
after we were given the "no-go for less than $15k" while we were moving
it into storage.

  If anyone knows of someone who could use it, I'd entertain any and all
reasonable offers that will help us recover our original shipping costs
and (if there are any) "overages" would certainly help in getting caught
up on debts incurred during the times when our station was being
"run-down" (before our local DA went to prison and his co-horts started
to "learn").

  Otherwise, it will sit and I do so hate to see such a venerable old
work-horse waste away in storage...

Keith Hammond

KBKH-FM (Shamrock, Texas)

(806) 256-1221