[BC] nessessary engineers

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Fri Jul 22 11:27:14 CDT 2005

I worked for a guy once who kept his brand new candy apple red Caddy in A-1
condition. Always had it mainained at the dealer for premium $$. Yet, he would
hire high school kids to maintain his old CSI 1 kW transmitter!

He once got rid of me because he found someone else who would work for him for
5 bucks an hour cheaper. They went out of town for a week without telling him
(and had no arrangements for back up) and his CSI went off. He called me in a
panic - but guess what? I found myself too "busy"!

He ran for six days on his nighttime transmitter - at 10 watts!
I wonder if he even told his clients that they were only getting 10% of the
coverage they were paying for. I doubt it.

This guy was also one of the slowest payers I have ever seen. Hmm..I wonder if
the Cadillac dealer let him slow pay them? Not likely.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Scott Cason" <scott at lagrange-com.com>
To: "Broadcast at Radiolists. Net" <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Subject: [BC] nessessary engineers

>>Some owners will never "get it".  Most certainly the smallest of small
markets/stations which seem to think that because they are "poor",
they can make me poor too.

But you have to admit, there are some stations out there with limited
budgets.  In those cases, I do what I can to help.  That includes allowing
them to make monthly payments to get the invoice paid.  As long as they are
making an effort to help me, I'll make an effort to help them.  Of course,
there have been some clients who disappear when the invoice comes in.  And I
know they are billing 'cause I can hear the spots.  In those cases, I won't
hesitate to turn them over to collections.

Scott Cason
President
LaGrange Communications, LLC
502-213-0024