[BC] engineers nessessary "evil"

khcs@juno.com khcs
Thu Jul 21 15:33:50 CDT 2005

Phil observed (and rightly so):

>Unfortunately, there are those who rationalize that they can run
equipment until it breaks and replace it more cheaply than
maintaining it. Usually they conveniently forget this
rationalization just after the equipment quits, and just before
they begin screaming to get it fixed as cheaply as possible.
They are also inclined to be the last to pay their bills.

That reminds me of one side job that I had where, just after the owner would call to tell me he had a paycheck for me, he would say. "By the way, we're off the air."  Really a fun place to work.  LOL

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA