[BC] NRSC-5

Don Niccum donn
Wed Jul 20 13:11:22 CDT 2005

>>Has the
>>Commission ever chosen a standard that required a large license fee
>>to a single manufacturer (no one else licensed to make the equipment)
>>and additional license fees for added channels? I see lawsuits if it
happens.

Rich, you are correct on the more troubling of the matters.  So, will the
FCC ignore the more logical of the submissions and rubberstamp the NRSC
proposal or do you think that they will actually pay attention to those
submitters who know the drawbacks and potential liabilities of the proposed
system?  What would happen if someone decides to file suit to block it?  If
the FCC mandates this system, is that really in violation of any Federal
statutes?  Any crystal balls out there that can give us a John Edward type
view into the future?  I am a bit undereducated on this type of thing.

Don Niccum
Roswell, New Mexico
donn at dfn.com
don at roswellradio.org