[BC] Allocation Philosophies

Cowboy curt
Wed Jul 20 10:23:43 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 20:54, Alan Kline wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Rich Wood wrote:
>
> > Channel numbers don't and never have applied to radio.
>
> "KFWB, Color Channel 98"  Classic jingle of the 50's-70's.  Many other
> stations using the same thing.  Several jingle companies built packages
> around the concept of "channel" on the radio...

 Don't know who did it, but for decades the jingle was....
 "WHK super channel 14, color radio"
 The legendary 1420, WHK Cleveland.
 Recently ( several years ) Salem bought it, moved the call to the
 former 1220 WGAR, then sold the 1420.
 Bought it back, and I have no clue what the calls or formats are anymore.

--
Cowboy
http://spam-o-matic.com

COBOL programs are an exercise in Artificial Inelegance.