[BC] the Deja VU meter is pegging (was: IBOC)

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Wed Jul 20 10:15:08 CDT 2005

Rich Wood wrote:
> No doubt, but it's been pretty reliable over those years. What about
> digital transmitters? I recall some dramatic improvements when we
> changed to a DX-50 at WOR.

But yet, the old hollow-state Continental has saved WOR's arse several
times, such as when the IBOC exciter went kaput, and during the August
2003 blackout when the power was too unstable for the DX-50 to deal
with.

Digital may offer many "dramatic improvements", but true reliability
as a fail-safe backup isn't one of them.