[BC] Radaitors - Was: KKGM

Cowboy curt
Tue Jul 19 15:38:28 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 13:59, PeterH5322 at aol.com wrote:

> > Maybe it's just me, but I do find it odd that in FM, we have ERP, while
> > in AM, we have efficiency, both for the same thing.
>
> All active treaties which apply to North America codify Effective
> Monopole Radiated Power, EMRP, for AM.

 Ain't it grand ?
 So, may I assume that the efficiency of a radiator can now be reconciled
 back to EMRP, regardless of TPO, or line current, and that the rules
 specifying RF power will all need to be re-written yet again ?

 And, if so, can those X-banders that don't achieve minumum efficiency
 now be granted operating powers above 10KW ?

 What about in the far field ?
 Can an X-bander now run 50KW because the EMRP at 20 miles just isn't there ?

--
Cowboy
http://spam-o-matic.com

All this wheeling and dealing around, why, it isn't for money, it's for
fun.  Money's just the way we keep score.