[BC] the Deja VU meter is pegging (was: IBOC)

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Tue Jul 19 14:39:23 CDT 2005

On 18 Jul 2005 at 21:54, Rich Wood wrote:

> > > After all, the basic technology used in producing a newspaper hasn't
> > > changed in hundreds of years.
>
> Whoa! Tell that to the unemployed hot lead typesetter. I used
> to work for Kaiser/Globe Broadcasting. Half owned by the Boston
> Globe. Also for Tribune that owned the New York Daily News.
> Newsrooms and printing plants have changed dramatically in the
> past 20 years. My newspaper friends type their stories directly
> into a digital system, the stories are edited, then digitally
> composed for printing. The inks have changed as has the paper.
> If by basic you mean ink applied to paper, that's the only
> thing that hasn't changed. How it gets there sure has.

Perhaps there may be others, but the case can be made that
present day AM radio technology is one of the oldest still
in general use with very few changes since its inception.
There is no question that print media has modernized more.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037