[BC] the Deja VU meter is pegging (was: IBOC)

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Jul 18 20:55:23 CDT 2005

> > After all, the basic technology used in producing a newspaper hasn't
> > changed in hundreds of years.

Whoa! Tell that to the unemployed hot lead typesetter. I used to work
for Kaiser/Globe Broadcasting. Half owned by the Boston Globe. Also
for Tribune that owned the New York Daily News. Newsrooms and
printing plants have changed dramatically in the past 20 years. My
newspaper friends type their stories directly into a digital system,
the stories are edited, then digitally composed for printing. The
inks have changed as has the paper. If by basic you mean ink applied
to paper, that's the only thing that hasn't changed. How it gets
there sure has.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia