[BC] Live n lOcal

Cowboy curt
Tue Jul 19 12:07:44 CDT 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 21:33, FrankGott at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/18/2005 12:00:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> clive at citiria.com writes:

>  >  As long as it can find a
>  >niche for itself, such as by offering LIVE, LOCAL PROGRAMMING which you
>  >can't find on satellite, it will continue to do just fine.
>  ** er, any reason why TV shouldn't also be LIVE n LOCAL? >>
>
> I fear that live and local TV with frequent traffic and weather updates has
> stolen a goodly portion of the at-home listening audience.

 It certainly has at my house !
 Morning radio is no longer the Larry Kenny Pool Party, but much more often,
 the inane morning zoo stuff, that appeals to me not at all.
 ( of course, arb never asked *me* )

 Good Morning Cleveland, though, does provide the weather and traffic, albeit
 several miles away, that is as close as it gets in THIS town.

 Even worse, "Your news and weather station" provides canned satelite
 during times of crisis, so TV is about all that's left.
 ( OK, to be fair, they haven't claimed to be news and weather in some time )

 By and large, in all my travels, while some markets do have radio that does
 a fair job in the mornings, most all of those markets have TV that does
 a better job, IMHO.