[BC] KKGM

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Tue Jul 19 01:07:03 CDT 2005

Doesn't really matter...

The news is that my wife and I bought a Computer Tots/Computer Explorer's
franchise (www.computertots.com). We have pretty much all of Rhode Island as
our territory.

Basically, she got sick of her job (social work) and I got sick of radio so
after much research we signed with these guys. I'm planning to keep my toe in
the water so to speak, but not having to depend on broadcast engineering to
earn a living will probably make it more enjoyable.
I'm only going to work for long time friends...by the hour.

In my last FT job, there was so much work and so many bosses that at the end
of the day not only was I physically burnt but mentally too. After a while I
realized that there was no pride at that job. It's tough to get psyched when
all you're doing is fixing printers, removing viruii from computers and
putting out fires at 7 stations, for a company that refuses to do anything the
right way - only the quick, cheap way (And loves to blame YOU when their
cheapness burns them!)!

I just came back from the yearly convention this company has in Las Vegas. It
was a joy to hear all the stories that people had about how they KNOW their
work makes a difference to children.

I used to think that working in radio made a difference. I don't any more.

-D