[BC] Fate of IBOC... (was: Fate of AM Stereo...)

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Mon Jul 18 10:31:23 CDT 2005

Rich Wood wrote:
> Let's make it a contest on this list to dream up an honest unique
> selling point, no excessive hype, something that will actually
> deliver on whatever promise we think we can make.

As former Philadelphia mayor Wilson Goode once said in response to a
question by Joey Reynolds, "AM Stereo is better than AM plain."
(Joey was on WFIL at the time, which was a Kahn AM Stereo station in
the '80s.)

Now if only the folks at iBiquity could come up with something that
concise and witty.  And unfortunately for them, I don't think Joey is
going to start chanting "HD Radio!  HD Radio!  HD Radio!" on the air
anytime soon.