[BC] Daytime IBOC, Nighttime C-Quam

CBoone CBoone
Sun Jul 17 18:55:28 CDT 2005

If the radio does not have a Stereo/Mono switch (like most factory jobs do
not) then they blend to mono between 3.16mV city grade and the 1mV
spot....but for the most part in city grade, it is in stereo. However after
market rcvrs with a ST/Mono switch stay in stereo right to the loss of the
pilot.....which is the way it should be....I prefer it that way..
Just because the OEM manufacturers assume the normal driver is stupid
doesn't mean it's right or that FM stations should be mono.....that's a poor
conclusion.

I would bet the stations you are referring to are rimshots and you are not
in the city grade range for your rcvr....are you sure they are doing mono or
did you make that assumption based on one rcvr?