[BC] Police stations (MW)

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Sun Jul 17 16:13:24 CDT 2005

Anyone want to hear dyno whine?
I have a RADIO DYNAMOTOR A.R.C. Type 5325A, that's been sitting in my
closet for years and years. I have no idea where I got it. But the darn
thing still works. The date stamped on the bottom is May 4 1945.
28V @ 3.7A - 590V @ 100mA Cont
28V @ 5A   - 565V @ 160mA 1 hour
28V @ 7A   - 540V @ 250mA int
made for aircraft radio corp, by Continental Electric Co, Newark NJ

Cowboy wrote:
> On Friday 08 July 2005 17:34, Phil Alexander wrote:
>

>>It's hard to believe there are some on this list who have never heard
>>the terms "dynomotor whine" and "vibrator hash" that were so common in
>>the early two-way days. Tempus Fugit indeed. :)
>>

>>Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
>

>  Yes, and no.
>  How many of us "older" folks have actually heard dyno whine, and vibrator hash ?
>
>  I do remember how dramatic it could be, when power went out, and switching
>  to "emergency backup" power.
>  ( which meant pulling the 110VAC octal plug, and replacing it with the 12VDC
>  octal as fast as possible, in the dark )

Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885
aalso at Bellsouth.net