[BC] Police stations (MW)

Cowboy curt
Sun Jul 17 14:51:01 CDT 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 17:34, Phil Alexander wrote:

> It's hard to believe there are some on this list who have never heard
> the terms "dynomotor whine" and "vibrator hash" that were so common in
> the early two-way days. Tempus Fugit indeed. :)
>

> Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD

 Yes, and no.
 How many of us "older" folks have actually heard dyno whine, and vibrator hash ?

 I do remember how dramatic it could be, when power went out, and switching
 to "emergency backup" power.
 ( which meant pulling the 110VAC octal plug, and replacing it with the 12VDC
 octal as fast as possible, in the dark )