[BC] OOOOOOOps

dean tiernan dtiernan
Sat Jul 16 15:04:55 CDT 2005

Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:28:04 -0600 From: "Bill Sepmeier"
<dcpowerandlight at hotmail.com> Subject: RE: [BC] OOOOOOOps To:
broadcast at radiolists.net Message-ID:
<BAY107-F5BE47F910A95710DBD084A2D30 at phx.gbl> Content-Type: text/plain;
format=flowed

>>Now the village idiot was hired by this particular gas station to pump gas.
>>When the ENG truck pulled in, did he put the gas nozzle into the gas port?
>>Now he picked on of the cable entryways. After an undetermined number of
>>gallons had been pumped and the gas began running all over the ground,
>>someone had an epiphany that something was awry.

Perhaps there should be a special signage requirement for Oregon?

"This is NOT the Gas Hole, A$$hole!!"stickers perhaps, right next to every
little door on the truck's body, perhaps?

This is one of those things that come to mind AFTER the first minor accident.

In the case of gas pumps, depends where you live, in some areas of California (where I live) there is an infernal boot that is supposed to suck up the bad fumes as gas is pumped it DOES require a seal to operate at SOME stations.

1, They don't always work as advertised.
2. There are still places that have the old nozzle, no boot. This pump allows you to become an instant terrorist by the squeeze, lock, run......ignite method. I can happen and should be of more concern....

As long as we're on this gas thing, recent footage showed a gas pump sheared off above ground shooting flames several feet in the air. The cut off valves for these things were mandated decades ago.

Dean Tiernan