[BC] Top of the hour Boing

Fee Lee feehlee
Fri Jul 15 14:40:04 CDT 2005

Back when I worked at Mutual Broadcasting, our Studio A was the main talk
studio (that was Larry King's studio).  Of course taking live phone calls
you had to have a delay.  It was a seven second delay.  The shows using the
delay started seven seconds early to fill the delay.  We had also a delay on
the "next event button" which triggered the network automation system.  The
problem came when you had to dump the Eventide delay and there wasn't enough
time to build up the delay to a full seven seconds and you came up to a
network event, then a fixed delay on the "next event" trigger would upset
the timing.  We had a variable delay that looked at the Eventide delay to
see how much delay time had built up and delayed the "next event" trigger by
the proper amount.

                                       Fee Lee