[BC] Top of the hour Boing

Clay Freinwald" <cfreinwald@entercom.com reader
Fri Jul 15 11:45:22 CDT 2005

From: "Richard Fry" <mailto:rfry at adams.net>rfry at adams.net

WBBM's time tones on the hour and 1/2-hour are running about 8 seconds late
this morning, which I guess must be related to their reported HD startup.
They used to be dead on, as close as I could match them with an ear/eye
comparison to a radio controlled clock.

Richard -

You'd better get used to the network 'time-hacks' being off.  Here in
Seattle those CBS Boings have been off for years with the station operating
a naughty word delay for just as long.   We have an FM here that has now
three delays operating - 1) HD Radio, 2) Naughty catcher # 1 and now 3)
Naughty catcher # 2.   Geesh...There is enough time for the board op to go
out and get a cup of coffee and get back before it runs out.    I am
starting to believe that 'real time' radio is about to be a thing of the
past.   Then again there is a lack of ability  of folks to read anything
but a digital clock...but that's another story.

Clay Freinwald