[BC] Cingular Wireless

Barry Rueger rueger
Fri Jul 15 10:46:21 CDT 2005

On 15 Jul 2005 at 8:27, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> ... it is hard to understand why their customer support is so lame they
> would not be anxious to "fix" this for their new customers....

Barry,

At the risk of sounding old, I can remember the days when bad
customer service was remarkable and you would go out of your way to
tell friends about it.

These days it has reached the point where I'm surprised when service
is fast, polite, and gets things right the first time.  If I ever see
all three happen I'll probably keel over dead.

With the exception of my ISP Magma.ca, who I like a LOT, and to whom
I pay a somewhat premium price, I can't recall the last time that a
problem was solved without fifteen minutes on hold, three or four
phone calls, and downright rude responses from the phone drones.

And I am really sick of suppliers or vendors who begin every call by
telling me that I must be wrong, that they make no mistakes, and that
of course their "policies" prevent them from doing anything that
would fix the problem or even satisfy me.

And don't get started on places like Staples who claim that
"copyright law" makes it "illegal" for them to accept returns on
software and other items.  When did it become acceptable for
companies to outright lie to customers?

Yeesh.....  it's been one of those weeks.

All of us would benefit if when dealing with clients we tried to
remember the kind of service and attitudes that we like to find.

Barry

Barry Rueger
Community-Media.com
107 Victoria Avenue South, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 2S9
Phone: 905-308-9179      Fax: 905-308-9732
Cel: 905-979-6677
http://www.community-media.com
AIM ID: AppalBarry
Blog: http://www.threesquirrels.com